ISO 8637-1:2017 specifies requirements for haemodialysers, haemodiafilters, haemofilters and haemoconcentrators, hereinafter collectively referred to as "the device", for use in humans.
ISO 8637-1:2017 does not apply to:
- extracorporeal blood circuits;
- haemoperfusion devices;
- vascular access devices;
- blood pumps;
- pressure monitors for the extracorporeal blood circuit;
- air detection devices;
- systems to prepare, maintain or monitor dialysis fluid;
- systems or equipment intended to perform haemodialysis, haemodiafiltration, haemofiltration or haemoconcentration;
- reprocessing procedures and equipment.
NOTE Requirements for the extracorporeal blood circuit for haemodialysers, haemodiafilters and haemofilters are specified in ISO 8637‑2.
Status: PublishedPublication date: 2017-11
Edition: 1Number of pages: 22
Technical Committee: ISO/TC 150/SC 2 Cardiovascular implants and extracorporeal systems
- ICS :
- 11.040.40 Implants for surgery, prosthetics and orthotics
This standard contributes to the following Sustainable Development Goal:
Buy this standard
|std 1 124||PDF + ePub|
|std 2 124||Paper|
ISO 8637:2010/Amd 1:2013
A standard is reviewed every 5 years
Stage: 90.92 (To be revised)
ISO/CD 8637-1Under development
Got a question?
Check out our FAQs
Monday to Friday - 09:00-12:00, 14:00-17:00 (UTC+1)
Keep up to date with ISO
Sign up to our newsletter for the latest news, views and product information.