ISO/IEC 18477-4:2017 specifies the framework, concepts, methodology for testing, and criteria to be achieved to claim conformance to one or multiple parts of ISO/IEC 18477 as listed below. It provides a framework for specifying abstract test suites and for defining the procedures to be followed during conformance testing.
- specifies conformance testing procedures for decoding of ISO/IEC 18477‑1, 18477-2, ISO/IEC 18477‑6, ISO/IEC 18477‑7, ISO/IEC 18477‑8 and ISO/IEC 18477‑9,
- specifies conformance testing procedures for codestreams to the above International Standards,
- specifies codestreams, decoded images, and error metrics to be used within the decoder testing procedures, and
- specifies abstract test suites.
Status: PublishedPublication date: 2017-10
Edition: 1Number of pages: 31
Technical Committee: ISO/IEC JTC 1/SC 29 Coding of audio, picture, multimedia and hypermedia information
- ICS :
- 35.040.30 Coding of graphical and photographical information
This standard contributes to the following Sustainable Development Goals:
Buy this standard
|std 1 145||PDF + ePub|
|std 2 145||Paper|
A standard is reviewed every 5 years
Stage: 90.60 (Under review)
Corrigenda / AmendmentsPublished
ISO/IEC 18477-4:2017/Cor 1:2023
Got a question?
Check out our FAQs
Monday to Friday - 09:00-12:00, 14:00-17:00 (UTC+1)
Keep up to date with ISO
Sign up to our newsletter for the latest news, views and product information.