ISO 10002:2014 provides guidance on the process of complaints handling related to products within an organization, including planning, design, operation, maintenance, and improvement. The complaints-handling process described is suitable for use as one of the processes of an overall quality management system.
ISO 10002:2014 is not applicable to disputes referred for resolution outside the organization or for employment-related disputes.
It is also intended for use by organizations of all sizes and in all sectors. Annex A provides guidance specifically for small businesses.
ISO 10002:2014 addresses the following aspects of complaints handling:
- enhancing customer satisfaction by creating a customer-focused environment that is open to feedback (including complaints), resolving any complaints received, and enhancing the organization's ability to improve its product and customer service;
- top management involvement and commitment through adequate acquisition and deployment of resources, including personnel training;
- recognizing and addressing the needs and expectations of complainants;
- providing complainants with an open, effective, and easy-to-use complaints process;
- analysing and evaluating complaints in order to improve the product and customer service quality;
- auditing of the complaints-handling process;
- reviewing the effectiveness and efficiency of the complaints-handling process.
Status: WithdrawnPublication date: 2014-07
Edition: 2Number of pages: 26
Technical Committee: ISO/TC 176/SC 3 Supporting technologies
- ICS :
- 03.120.10 Quality management and quality assurance
ISO 10002:2004/Cor 1:2009
ISO 10002:2014Stage: 95.99
Got a question?
Check out our FAQs
Monday to Friday - 09:00-12:00, 14:00-17:00 (UTC+1)
Keep up to date with ISO
Sign up to our newsletter for the latest news, views and product information.