ISO 18676:2017 presents the guidelines for the management of systems engineering for space systems.
ISO 18676:2017 addresses the systems engineering activities and provides guidelines for interfacing with specific major management subjects (e.g. configuration management, data management, interface management, risk management, requirements management, and integrated logistics support), which are themselves the subject of this document.
ISO 18676:2017 establishes a common reference for all customers and suppliers in the space sector to work with management systems engineering for all space products and projects.
These guidelines emphasize the following aspects of managing space systems engineering:
- the positioning of space systems engineering activities related to the management of space activities;
- the framework for the management of systems engineering;
- the systems engineering management plan (SEMP);
- the system, product and work breakdown structures;
- the phasing, scheduling and recursivity of the systems engineering management;
- reviews, audits and control gates;
- the main activities of systems engineering and the respective management approach.
ISO 18676:2017 is not the scope of this document to describe in detail the standard systems engineering process or project management process for all types of space systems.
Status: PublishedPublication date: 2017-11
Edition: 1Number of pages: 17
Technical Committee: ISO/TC 20/SC 14 Space systems and operations
Buy this standard
|std 1 92|
|std 2 92||Paper|