ISO 8336:2017 specifies methods for the inspection and testing of fibre-cement flat sheets and provides the acceptance conditions for their use in one or more of the following applications:
- external wall and ceiling finishes;
- internal wall and ceiling finishes;
- internal and external backing sheets.
Products covered by this document can be used for other purposes, provided they comply with the appropriate national or international application code or standard.
NOTE 1 ISO 8336:2017 does not apply to sheets for fire protection purposes.
NOTE 2 ISO 8336:2017 does not include calculations for installation design requirements, wind uplift or water proofing of the installed sheets.
NOTE 3 ISO 8336:2017 does not apply to the following products:
- boards of Portland or equivalent cement reinforced with fibrous wood particles;
- fibre-reinforced boards of calcium silicate or cement for thermal insulation or fire protection;
- sheets containing asbestos fibre reinforcement;
- sheets containing steel fibre reinforcement;
- fibre-cement roofing slates.
Status: PublishedPublication date: 2017-06
Edition: 3Number of pages: 47
Technical Committee: ISO/TC 77 Products in fibre reinforced cement
- ICS :
- 91.100.40 Products in fibre-reinforced cement
This standard contributes to the following Sustainable Development Goal:
Buy this standard
|std 1 166|
|std 2 166||Paper|
A standard is reviewed every 5 years
Stage: 90.93 (Confirmed)
Got a question?
Check out our FAQs
Monday to Friday - 09:00-12:00, 14:00-17:00 (UTC+1)
Keep up to date with ISO
Sign up to our newsletter for the latest news, views and product information.