ISO 14306:2017 defines the syntax and semantics of a file format for the 3D visualization and interrogation of lightweight geometry and product manufacturing information derived from CAD systems, using visualization software tools that do not need the full capability of a CAD system.
ISO 14306:2017 has been adopted as a 3D visualization capability in addition to the ISO 10303 series.
The file format supports the following information:
· facet information (triangles), stored with geometry compression techniques
· visual attributes such as lights, textures and materials
· product manufacturing information, such as dimensions, tolerances and other attributes
· boundary representation (b-rep) solid model shape representations. Several alternatives are available, including a representation based on the geometry standard defined in ISO 10303
· configuration representations
· delivery methods such as asynchronous streaming of content
ISO 14306:2017 does not specify the implementation of, or definition of a run-time architecture for viewing or processing of the file format.
Status: PublishedPublication date: 2017-11
Edition: 2Number of pages: 649
Technical Committee: ISO/TC 184/SC 4 Industrial data
- ICS :
- 25.040.40 Industrial process measurement and control
This standard contributes to the following Sustainable Development Goals:
Buy this standard
|std 1 208|
A standard is reviewed every 5 years
Stage: 90.60 (Under review)
Got a question?
Check out our FAQs
Monday to Friday - 09:00-12:00, 14:00-17:00 (UTC+1)
Keep up to date with ISO
Sign up to our newsletter for the latest news, views and product information.