ISO 22476-1:2012 deals with equipment requirements, the execution of and reporting on electrical cone and piezocone penetration tests as part of geotechnical investigation and testing according to EN 1997‑1 and EN 1997‑2.
Within the electrical cone and piezocone penetration test, two subcategories of the cone penetration test are considered:
- electrical cone penetration test (CPT), which includes measurement of cone resistance and sleeve friction;
- piezocone test (CPTU), which is a cone penetration test with the additional measurement of pore pressure.
The CPTU is performed like a CPT with the measurement of the pore pressure at one or several locations on the penetrometer surface.
ISO 22476-1:2012 specifies the following features:
- type of cone penetration test;
- application class;
- penetration length or penetration depth;
- elevation of the ground surface or the underwater ground surface at the location of the cone penetration test with reference to a datum;
- location of the cone penetration test relative to a reproducible fixed location reference point;
- pore pressure dissipation tests.
Status: WithdrawnPublication date: 2012-09
Edition: 1Number of pages: 36
Technical Committee: ISO/TC 182 Geotechnics
- ICS :
- 93.020 Earthworks. Excavations. Foundation construction. Underground works
This standard contributes to the following Sustainable Development Goal:
ISO 22476-1:2012Stage: 95.99
Corrigenda / AmendmentsWithdrawn
ISO 22476-1:2012/Cor 1:2013
Got a question?
Check out our FAQs
Monday to Friday - 09:00-12:00, 14:00-17:00 (UTC+1)
Keep up to date with ISO
Sign up to our newsletter for the latest news, views and product information.