ISO 14229-6:2013 specifies the implementation of a common set of unified diagnostic services (UDS) on K-Line (UART based) in road vehicles (UDSonK-Line).
UDSonK-Line references ISO 14229 1 and ISO 14229 2, and specifies implementation requirements of
- the diagnostic services to be used for diagnostic communication over K-Line,
- the server memory programming for all in-vehicle servers connected to a K-Line network with external test equipment.
UDSonK-Line does not specify any requirement for the in-vehicle K-Line bus architecture.
ISO 14229-6:2013 makes reference to information contained in ISO 14229 1, ISO 14229 2, ISO 14230 1, and ISO 14230 2.
ISO 14229-6:2013 does not include any redundant information of the above-mentioned documents. It focuses on
- additional requirements specific to the implementation of UDSonK-Line network, and
- specific restrictions in the implementation of UDSonK-Line network.
Status: PublishedPublication date: 2013-03
Edition: 1Number of pages: 10
Technical Committee: ISO/TC 22/SC 31 Data communication
- ICS :
- 43.180 Diagnostic, maintenance and test equipment
This standard contributes to the following Sustainable Development Goal:
Buy this standard
|std 1 61|
|std 2 61||Paper|
A standard is reviewed every 5 years
Stage: 90.93 (Confirmed)
Got a question?
Check out our FAQs
Monday to Friday - 09:00-12:00, 14:00-17:00 (UTC+1)
Keep up to date with ISO
Sign up to our newsletter for the latest news, views and product information.