- specifies a registration-hierarchical-name-tree (RH-name-tree) which is a generic tree structure for allocations made by a hierarchical structure of Registration Authorities, and the specific form of this that supports the ASN.1 OBJECT IDENTIFIER type and the ASN.1 OID-IRI type (ISO/IEC 8824-1);
- registers top-level arcs of the international object identifier tree;
- specifies procedures which are generally applicable to registration in the context of any RH-name-tree;
- provides guidelines for the establishment and operation of International Registration Authorities for use, when needed, by other ITU-T Recommendations and/or International Standards;
- provides guidelines for additional International Standards which choose to reference the procedures in ISO/IEC 9834-1:2008;
- provides a recommended fee structure for lower-level Registration Authorities;
- records the information provided to IETF and the registration with IANA of the "oid" IRI scheme.
It does not exclude or disallow the use of any syntactic form of names or naming domains for registration purposes. It is intended to cover those cases where a registration-hierarchical-name is an appropriate form of identification.
Information about registration for specific objects is contained in separate International Standards.
ISO/IEC 9834-1:2008 applies to registration by ITU-T Recommendations and/or International Standards, by International Registration Authorities and by any other Registration Authority.
Status: WithdrawnPublication date: 2008-12
Edition: 3Number of pages: 32
Technical Committee: ISO/IEC JTC 1/SC 6 Telecommunications and information exchange between systems
- ICS :
- 35.100.01 Open systems interconnection in general
ISO/IEC 9834-1:2008Stage: 95.99
Got a question?
Check out our FAQs
+41 22 749 08 88
Monday to Friday - 09:00-12:00, 14:00-17:00 (UTC+1)
Keep up to date with ISO
Sign up to our newsletter for the latest news, views and product information.