This standard was last reviewed and confirmed in 2021. Therefore this version remains current.
ISO 8710:2010 specifies tests and measurement methods for service brake systems and, where applicable, associated parking brake systems of two‑wheeled motorcycles (3‑3), motorcycles with sidecar (3‑4) and tricycles (3‑5) which are intended for use on public roads, in order to establish uniform worldwide test procedures for braking systems.
ISO 8710:2010 does not cover motorcycles which:
- have a maximum speed of less than 25 km/h;
- are equipped for disabled riders.
ISO 8710:2010 sets out the following types of tests:
- dynamic tests:
- dry stop test (single brake control actuated);
- dry stop test (all service brake controls actuated);
- high speed test;
- wet brake test;
- heat fade test;
- parking brake system test;
- failure tests:
- partial failure test (for split service brake systems);
- power‑assisted brake system failure test.
Status: PublishedPublication date: 2010-04
Edition: 2Number of pages: 31
Technical Committee: ISO/TC 22/SC 38 Motorcycles and mopeds
- ICS :
- 43.140 Motorcycles and mopeds
This standard contributes to the following Sustainable Development Goal:
Buy this standard
|std 1 145|
|std 2 145||Paper|
A standard is reviewed every 5 years
Stage: 90.93 (Confirmed)
Got a question?
Check out our FAQs
+41 22 749 08 88
Monday to Friday - 09:00-12:00, 14:00-17:00 (UTC+1)
Keep up to date with ISO
Sign up to our newsletter for the latest news, views and product information.