ISO 12647-2:2004 specifies a number of process parameters and their values to be applied when preparing colour separations for four-colour offset printing or when producing four-colour prints by one of the following methods: heat-set web, sheet-fed or continuous forms process printing, or proofing for one of these processes; or offset proofing for half-tone gravure.
The parameters and values are chosen in view of the complete process covering the process stages colour separation, film setting, making of the printing forme, proof production, production printing and surface finishing.
ISO 12647-2:2004 is
- directly applicable to proofing and printing processes that use colour separation films as input;
- directly applicable to proofing and printing from printing formes produced by filmless methods as long as direct analogies to film production systems are maintained;
- applicable to proofing and printing with more than four process colours as long as direct analogies to four-colour printing are maintained, such as for data and screening, for print substrates and printing parameters;
- applicable by analogy to line screens and non-periodic screens.
Status: WithdrawnPublication date: 2004-11
Edition: 2Number of pages: 19
Technical Committee: ISO/TC 130 Graphic technology
- ICS :
- 37.100.01 Graphic technology in general
ISO 12647-2:2004Stage: 95.99
Corrigenda / AmendmentsWithdrawn
ISO 12647-2:2004/Amd 1:2007
Got a question?
Check out our FAQs
Monday to Friday - 09:00-12:00, 14:00-17:00 (UTC+1)
Keep up to date with ISO
Sign up to our newsletter for the latest news, views and product information.