ISO 19905-1:2012 specifies requirements and guidance for the site-specific assessment of independent leg jack‑up units for use in the petroleum and natural gas industries. It addresses
- manned non-evacuated, manned evacuated and unmanned jack‑ups;
- the installed phase at a specific site.
To ensure acceptable reliability, the provisions of ISO 19905-1:2012 form an integrated approach, which is used in its entirety for the site-specific assessment of a jack‑up.
ISO 19905-1:2012 does not apply specifically to mobile offshore drilling units operating in regions subject to sea ice and icebergs. When assessing a jack-up operating in such areas, it is intended that the assessor supplement the provisions of ISO 19905-1:2012 with the provisions relating to ice actions and procedures for ice management contained in ISO 19906.
ISO 19905-1:2012 does not address design, transportation to and from site, or installation and removal from site. However, it is advisable that the assumptions used in the assessment be checked against the as-installed configuration.
To ensure that the design of the jack‑up is sound and the structure is adequately maintained, ISO 19905-1:2012 is applicable only to independent leg jack‑ups that either:
- hold a valid classification society certification from a recognized classification society (RCS) throughout the duration of the operation at the specific site subject to assessment, or
- have been verified by an independent competent body to be structurally fit for purpose for elevated situations and are subject to periodic inspection, both to the standards of an RCS.
Jack‑ups that do not comply with this requirement are assessed according to the provisions of ISO 19902, supplemented by methodologies from ISO 19905-1:2012, where applicable.
Status: WithdrawnPublication date: 2012-08
Edition: 1Number of pages: 309
Technical Committee: ISO/TC 67/SC 7 Offshore structures
- ICS :
- 75.180.10 Exploratory, drilling and extraction equipment
ISO 19905-1:2012Stage: 95.99
Got a question?
Check out our FAQs
Monday to Friday - 09:00-12:00, 14:00-17:00 (UTC+1)
Keep up to date with ISO
Sign up to our newsletter for the latest news, views and product information.