ISO 4952 specifies the chemical and mechanical characteristics, methods of manufacture, the acceptance conditions and the marking of structural steel products possessing improved atmospheric corrosion resistance.
It applies to plates having a thickness of 4 mm and over, hot-rolled on reversing mills, wide flats, bars and hot-rolled sections generally used in the delivery condition and which, as a rule, form part of the bolted, riveted or welded structures in metal constructions and which have improved atmospheric corrosion resistance.
ISO 4952 does not include the following steels, certain of which are covered by other International Standards:
- general purpose structural steels;
- steels for boilers and pressure purposes;
- steels for heat treatment;
- continuously hot-rolled structural steel sheet with improved atmospheric corrosion resistance;
- steel plates for forming and deep drawing.
Status: WithdrawnPublication date: 2003-02
Edition: 2Number of pages: 15
Technical Committee: ISO/TC 17/SC 3 Steels for structural purposes
- ICS :
- 77.140.20 Stainless steels
ISO 4952:2003Stage: 95.99
Got a question?
Check out our FAQs
Monday to Friday - 09:00-12:00, 14:00-17:00 (UTC+1)
Keep up to date with ISO
Sign up to our newsletter for the latest news, views and product information.