This standard was last reviewed and confirmed in 2021. Therefore this version remains current.
ISO 16702:2002 describes methods for the determination of soil microbial respiration of aerobic, unsaturated soils. The methods are suitable for the determination of O2 uptake or CO2 release, either after addition of a substrate (substrate-induced respiration), or without substrate addition (basal respiration).
ISO 16702:2002 is applicable to the measurement of soil respiration in order to:
- determine the microbial activity in soil (see );
- establish the effect of additives (nutrients, pollutants, soil improvers, etc.) on the metabolic performance of microorganisms;
- determine the microbial biomass (see );
- determine the metabolic quotient qCO2.
Status: PublishedPublication date: 2002-12
Edition: 1Number of pages: 19
Technical Committee: ISO/TC 190/SC 4 Biological characterization
- ICS :
- 13.080.30 Biological properties of soils
Buy this standard
|std 1 124|
|std 2 124||Paper|
A standard is reviewed every 5 years
Stage: 90.93 (Confirmed)
Got a question?
Check out our FAQs
+41 22 749 08 88
Monday to Friday - 09:00-12:00, 14:00-17:00 (UTC+1)
Keep up to date with ISO
Sign up to our newsletter for the latest news, views and product information.