Chairperson (until end 2023):Mrs Ulrika Francke
- Creation date: 1947
The ISO Council is the core governance body of the Organization and reports to the General Assembly. It meets three times a year and is made up of 20 member bodies, the ISO Officers and the Chairs of the Policy Development Committees CASCO, COPOLCO and DEVCO. The Council has direct responsibility over a number of bodies reporting to Council:
- The President’s Committee advises Council on matters decided by Council.
- Council Standing Committees address matters related to finance (CSC/FIN), strategy and policy (CSC/SP), nominations for governance positions (CSC/NOM), and oversight of the Organization’s governance practices (CSC/OVE).
- Advisory Groups provide advice on matters related to ISO’s commercial policy (CPAG) and Information Technology (ITSAG).
- CASCO - provides guidance on conformity assessment
- COPOLCO - provides guidance on consumer issues
- DEVCO - provides guidance on matters related to developing countries
Membership to the Council is open to all member bodies and rotates to make sure it is representative of the member community.
Working areaWorking documents (user account required)
|ISO/COUNCIL/CPAG||Commercial Policy Advisory Group||Working group|
|ISO/COUNCIL/CPAG_WG 3||Commercial Policy Advisory Group WG 3||Working group|
|ISO/COUNCIL/CSC/FIN||Council Standing Committee on Finance (CSC/FIN)||Sub committee|
|ISO/COUNCIL/CSC/NOM||Council Standing Committee for Review of Nominations||Sub committee|
|ISO/COUNCIL/CSC/OVE||Council Standing Committee on Oversight||Sub committee|
|ISO/COUNCIL/CSC/SP||Council Standing Committee on Strategy and Policy||Sub committee|
|ISO/COUNCIL/FAS_TF||ISO/IEC Task Force on Freely Available Standards||Working group|
|ISO/COUNCIL/ITSAG||Information Technology Strategy Advisory Group (ITSAG)||Working group|
|14-15||June 2023||Kanazawa (Japan)||ISO/COUNCIL||*|
|20||September 2023||Brisbane (Australia)||ISO/COUNCIL||*|
|21-22||February 2024||Geneva (Switzerland)||ISO/COUNCIL||*|
|11||September 2024||Cartagena (Colombia)||ISO/COUNCIL||*|
* Information definite but meeting not yet formally convened